Thank you for tuning in for the review of the best products available today. These models were chosen from a large variety of products. Based on their overall performance, and review of thousands of consumers, that have purchased them through countless hours of research.
- 1 What is a Quick Detach Scope Mount?
- 2 Quick Detach Scope Mount Buying Guide
- 3 Things To Consider When Buying QD Mount Scopes?
- 4 Best QD Scope Mounts Quick List
- 5 Best 5 Quick Detach Scope Mounts review
- 5.1 1. American Defense AD-RECON STD Riflescope Optic Mount – Our Top Pick
- 5.2 2. Vortex Optics Sports Cantilever Mounts–The Best AR Scope Mounts
- 5.3 3. Larue Tactical QD Cantilever Scope Mount – LT104
- 5.4 4. Midwest Industries 30mm QD Scope Mount with 1.5″ Offset
- 5.5 5. Burris Optics P.E.P.R. Scope Mount, Includes Both Smooth and Picatinny Ring Tops, 1 Inch, Quick Release
- 6 Final Thoughts
What is a Quick Detach Scope Mount?
Quick detach scope mounts, like everything in this world, have their uses. They are great for a quick pack down after a shoot and for those of us who may enjoy cleaning down our rifles more often than needed.
A QD scope mount allows you to remove the mount and scope from your rifle in an instant, usually with the flip of one or two levers. No tools or fumbling should be necessary, and the process should be quick and easy in any situation, whether in combat or wearing thick winter gloves.
The key feature of QD mounts is that your scope should return to zero, no matter how many times you remove and re-attach it. The levers and other features should also be robust and low-profile.
An additional benefit is that if you find yourself when scope use is unnecessary, you can quickly and easily take it off and revert to your iron sights.
In my opinion, hyper-efficient QD scopes are best suited to hunters who enjoy shooting but get less pleasure out of prep and planning.
Quick Detach Scope Mount Buying Guide
Choosing the right QD scope can seem like a bit of a nightmare. Size, fit, eye relief, weight are all things that may drive you crazy.
To make things a little clearer for you though, we will also take you through what we believe you need to consider when investing in a QD scope mount which will last you for years to come.
Things To Consider When Buying QD Mount Scopes?
– Quality of construction.
These four factors need careful consideration. Getting the right combination will serve your intended shooting purpose:
You must consider the material used to make the scope before buying. Most of the Quick Detach scope mounts available are made with different grades of aluminum, which is great for a robust, lightweight mount.
You want a scope that will withstand the power of a couple of hundred rounds being put through it without losing zero after every ten shots.
You also want to avoid a scope mount that will warp, flex, or bend underweight or pressure while it is in your range bag.
QD scope mounts come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. If you regularly change scopes, then look at adaptable mounts.
You should have no trouble finding one that matches scope mount dimensions you’re already comfortable with or know you can shoot skilfully with.
Assessing how high the Quick Detach mounts you are looking at will sit on your weapon (s) will be of great value.
This is also a consideration for those who like to try their eye with iron scopes now and then.
Those QD mounts that are designed to sit ‘high’ will give you flexibility. This will be achieved through the fact that you can easily switch between your iron sight and chosen scope.
Weight is another very important thing you need to put into consideration when looking for the best QD scope mount.
Depending on where you travel to hunt, you may have a trek or hike to complete before reaching your favorite spot after all when you’re shooting or hunting on the go, fatigue can kick in quick.
Saving weight on equipment will mean you can shoot for longer and enjoy a better day out without needing rest stops. Hence, your best options are scope mounts that are super light while being durable and robust.
Early QD scope mounts and cheaper models warp or bend after coming under continuous stress. This is particularly seen when used with hard-hitting, heavy recoil rifles.
You need to ensure that your QD scope mount boasts of great durability, that the mount is made with durable materials, such as a type of alloy or a type of metal. Also, make sure the mount is waterproof so that you can use it in any weather condition.
The primary purpose of quick detach scope mounts is to speed up the time it takes to apply and use a rifle scope. They also aid accuracy and stability while shooting.
There isn’t any point in having a QD scope that doesn’t hold zero at all or loosens and falls off after 20 rounds through your AR-style riffles.
The best quick detach mounts are easy to operate with no snags that slow down their movements. Your scope mount needs to provide instant release, but also affix with total reliability and security in a matter of seconds.
Not all QD scope mounts will re-zero in after being removed, which we think is understandable, but there are options out there that will still shoot a respectable grouping after re-attachment.
It’s believed that the following products are indeed the best on the market today. Please, take a moment to follow the product links listed below to each product for more information.
Don’t forget, any QD scope mount you buy should move backward and forward to provide optimal eye relief.
Best QD Scope Mounts Quick List
|American Defense AD-RECON STD Rifle scope Optic Mount - Our Top Pick||Check Price|
|Vortex Optics Sports Cantilever Mounts–The Best AR Scope Mounts||Check Price|
|Larue Tactical QD Cantilever Scope Mount - LT104||Check Price|
|Midwest Industries 30 mm QD Scope Mount with 1.5" Offset||Check Price|
|Burris Optics AR PEPR QD Scope Mount||Check Price|
Best 5 Quick Detach Scope Mounts review
1. American Defense AD-RECON STD Riflescope Optic Mount – Our Top Pick
QD scope mount from American Defense is a top performance optic mount you can get today for your rifle. That offers great value for money.
This quality cantilever riflescope mount has been made specifically for flattop AR15 rifles. Flexibility is seen in the scope and size it can comfortably accommodate. Its design means it will take riflescopes that come with an objective lens diameter of up to 56mm.
– The manufacturers made this scope mount with T6 aluminum material. With this material, you would not have to worry about replacing this scope mount soon.
– The low weight is down to the use of precision-machined high-grade aluminum. Each ring is skeletonized around the sides to further reduce weight.
– The rings are vertically aligned and secure the scope with four bolts each. These features guarantee the best grip and alignment you can get, although it makes mounting the scope a bit more difficult.
– This model also boasts of great performance, and it comes with a lever that allows for easy locking. It also offers maximum rail engagement, thanks to its superior clamping surface. This scope mount works with scopes with objective casings as large as 2.2 inches.
– When it comes to the mounting of this product, you do not need any proprietary tools for making the adjustments. Any minor adjustments required can be achieved using a flat blade screwdriver or your finger.
– With its superior clamping surface of maximum rail engagement every time.
|Very Lightweight||It has a few issues maintaining zero.|
|Made in the U.S.A.||Vertically split design is structurally superior, but a pain to mount the scope with.|
|Easy to mount and adjust|
|Fully adjustable for any rail type.|
|Does Not Require Tools to Adjust|
|Made with strong T6 aluminum material|
|Well suited to larger magnification optics.|
|It comes with a superior clamping surface|
|Comes with a hard anodized finish for more durability|
|Real quality, and a significant step above cheaper QD scope mounts.|
|Covered by a lifetime warranty.|
2. Vortex Optics Sports Cantilever Mounts–The Best AR Scope Mounts
Оценка-4,8; 1,137 ratings | 161 answered questions; цена – 89
The Vortex Optics Sports Cantilever Mounts come in two options: a 30 mm mount with 2-inch offset, and the 1-inch mount with 2 inches offset. It can mount scopes on flattop rifle styles.
Essentially known for its performance, the Vortex mount is quite robust and sturdy. Fits well on the base and delivers maximum efficiency.
– Aluminum construction.
– The Vortex Optics Sport has a minimalistic design and comes in black.
– Use this cantilever mount for mounting 30 mm telescopic sights onto flattop-style rifles.
– The 2-inch offset of this cantilever mount positions the scope in a forward location, allowing the correct eye relief and head placement on your rifle.
– The overall length is 5.89 inches. The cantilever ring mount positions the center of the riflescope tube at a height of 1.59 inches from the base. The distance between the rings is 2.52 inches. Weighs 6.7 ounces.
– The mount is easy to install; one can be up and running in a few hours.
– Versatile, as it allows for installation with many ARs and scopes, which makes it easy to change in case you have more equipment to use it on.
– Customer reviews show that the screws don’t lose their place and hold zero after hundreds of rounds and/or long periods. It is also known for its durability.
|Easy installation||Some customers argue that the lack of being a quick detachment is its biggest flaw.|
|Inexpensive option with great quality|
|Reliability, versatility and efficient ergonomics are the few key traits of the mount.|
3. Larue Tactical QD Cantilever Scope Mount – LT104
The Larue Tactical QD Cantilever Scope Mount is a great QD scope mount, and it features an impressive build. The manufacturer is one of the best in the market. The brand has multiple gun accessories under its belt to be seen as one of the best. It is advisable to use it on the flattop style such as that in the AR-15 rifle.
The presence of the cantilever design helps to provision the scope out front over the handgun. This is important so that it eliminates the need to span the receiver to the handguard. This also allows you to have proper eye relief for shooting properly.
This model is also popular thanks to the overall innovative backbone design. This is because it connects the split vertical rings for ease of use.
– Scope mount Larue Tactical QD is highly flexible, as you can use it for different rifles.
– This mount features a centerline height of 1.5 inches, allowing you to use both sides of your face. At this height, have the perfect alignment for your scopes.
– The cantilever of this mount is 1.87 inches, and it makes adjustments pretty easy too; this makes it a great option for those looking for generous eye relief.
– The scope mount is constructed with high-grade aluminum.
– For a firmer attachment, this unit comes with a backbone that you can connect to the split vertical rings.
– It comes with a built-in zero to ensure there is a perfect centerline alignment.
– The Larue Tactical Scope Mount will undeniably stand the test of time and so many elements that would otherwise damage a cheap and flimsy scope mount.
– You will always have it easy when it comes to the overall use of the scope mount.
|Holds zero||It is quite pricey|
|Easy and quick to install||It only works with the flattop style AR 15|
|It is easy to set up on your rifle|
|Fits on most rail systems|
|Fits a variety of 30 mm scopes|
|It comes with a hard-anodized finish|
|It comes with strong construction to ensure the best performance.|
4. Midwest Industries 30mm QD Scope Mount with 1.5″ Offset
The next on our list is the Midwest Industries 30mm QD Scope Mount with a 1.5″ Offset. This scope also comes with great features to boost the productivity of your scope.
The good thing about this scope mount is made of strong aluminum material. You will like the fact that it also comes with a hard-anodized coating. It is would prevent scratches and corrosion, providing you with a tool that you can use even in tough conditions.
As for the operation, you get it is quite smooth as compared to other models. It comes with a multi-facetted adjustment nut that helps with the adjustment. You can now adjust it to have the right adjustment by the operator.
– Midwest Industries 30 mm HD QD Scope Mount with Zero Offset, Matt Black.
– Patented QD lever by Elite Defense
– Professional Grade Quick Detach Optic Mount
– Superior clamping that will not damage or coin the rail surface
– Extremely smooth in operation with a multi-faceted adjustment nut to get the exact tension required by the operator
– Fully adjustable with no tools required, can be adjusted to fit rails not machined to mil-spec tolerances
– Precision machined for optimum return to zero performance and reliability
– 100% made in the U.S. S with MI Lifetime Warranty
|Great design||It is a bit pricey|
|You can adjust it with no tools|
|The scope mount comes with strong construction|
|Hard anodized coating for enhanced durability|
5. Burris Optics P.E.P.R. Scope Mount, Includes Both Smooth and Picatinny Ring Tops, 1 Inch, Quick Release
Burris Optics is yet another celebrated maker of QD mounts and hunting equipment. It is one of my all-time favorite brands.
The Burris Optics AR PEPR QD Scope Mount is, one of the best QD scopes mounts on the market.
The QD mount is designed to fit Picatinny and Weaver-style rails. The ring mounts also come with Picatinny rails atop. Such a useful feature means you can add lasers, lights, and other accessories as you please.
The rings are horizontally split, which makes mounting the scope a bit easier. The mount attaches to any standard Picatinny or universal rail with two quick-detach levers. This amount is also designed to provide ideal eye relief and a wide field of view.
If you need a no-nonsense scope mount for your rifle, this is an excellent choice. Although this amount is imported, Burris design and quality control have overseen the development of a great mount.
– Single unit ring base;
– Quick Detach options;
– Proper Eye Position Ready;
– It weighs in at 8.7Oz for the 30 mm” version, and the 1” scope mount weighs in at a little lighter than 8.3Oz.
– Like most scope mounts, it is compatible with both Weaver and Picatinny rails.
|Great for hunting||The locking mechanism is not very robust.|
|Durable and robust||Heavier than other Quick Detach mounts.|
|Value for the money|
|High-quality aluminum components|
|Gives up to 2-inches of forwarding scope positioning.|
|Covered by a Lifetime Warranty Against Damage or Defects|
|QD Levers Can Be Pulled Out and Rotated Into the Best Aesthetic and Snag-Free Position|
There are some best ar scope mounts out there that fit many users, their needs, and their budget.
Scope mounts are a key component of your shooting system and not one to skimp on, so we hope that have gotten the utmost benefit out of this list.
From the products reviewed in this guide, our top pick is the American Defense AD-RECON STD Riflescope Optic Mount. This QD scope mount comes with many great features. It is durable, affordable, lightweight, and it is made with high-grade aluminum. It is easy and quick to install, easy and steady to adjust, and it holds zero pretty well.
There are dozens of options out there, and choosing the right one is very important, as it would play a key role in your hurting and shooting experience.